Boxwood Gulch and Long Meadow - Private South Platte River Fly Fishing
- Shawnee Colorado. 50 miles from Denver, on Highway 285 south. A map to Boxwood Gulch/ Long Meadow is available.
- We fish 12 months a year. While it can snow in July, our weather is normally Denver type weather or nicer. Do keep in mind we are at 8300' in elevation.
- Catch and Release
- Barbless hooks are the only kind allowed at Long Meadow.
- Water Conditions
- Flow rates vary all year long from 900 cfs during spring runoff to a low of 40-50 cfs. Long Meadow has pocket water, white water, flats, fast runs, slow runs, and pools where stalking and making a perfect drift can reward the fly fisherman/woman with a 10 lb+ fish.
- The River
- North Fork of the South Platte River - two miles flow through our Long Meadow and it's all fishable by wading. Flow rates vary from 40 cfs to 900 cfs. We fish 12 months a year (but not every day). Dry fly action - March through October. Nymphing all year.
- Guided Trips
- All trips at Long Meadow are guided by professional licensed guides. Our guides will make your fishing day a memorable experience. From expert to novice there is always something one can learn. Casting, line control, reading water, sight fishing, fly selection etc. etc. Semi-Private...You may see one or two other anglers not in your group. Very unlikley but it could happen.
- Large Groups
- We can accommodate groups of up to 20 anglers. This is a great way to entertain customers, employees, friends and family. Do something different. Do a day at Long Meadow.
- Gift Certificates
- Available in any denomination - our rate page might help in deciding how much you need to purchase. This is indeed the perfect gift. Why not accompany the recipient of your gift and enjoy a day of fishing together. Buy the gift certificate now-Leave the date open-Then make arrangements for your date when you can make it happen.
- Long Meadow is a privately owned and operated ranch. There are dogs, horses, and cattle around all the time. In addition, there are wild animals such as deer, elk, bear, mountain lions and other assorted critters. i.e. coyotes, bobcats, fox, hawks, eagles, turkeys, herons and rodents. There is also ranch equipment. All of this stuff is dangerous. Therefore: We can not accept any liability for injury or death while you are on our property. Please be careful and enjoy your visit and have a safe trip home.