Boxwood does not determine pricing. Your outfitter/guide will give you an exact all inclusive quote. You will pay the outfitter/guide for everything.
- Winter Fishing (November 1 thru March 31 each year)
- Some of our outfitters offer special reduced pricing for winter trips. Call them for an exact quote. Winter fishing can be as productive as a good day in the summer. Review some winter trip reports….click here (The Clubhouse at Boxwood is warm and cozy. No clubhouse at Long Meadow but there is a shelter.)
- Larger groups
- Boxwood Gulch Groups:
We suggest groups larger than 12 anglers book both Boxwood and Long Meadow. That way you will have 3 miles of water to fish. We can do much larger groups at Boxwood but we think you may have a better time if you have more water. Talk to your outfitter about this.
- Long Meadow Groups:
If you are booking just Long Meadow remember that group size is limited to just 10 anglers. So if you have more than 10 please book Boxwood.
- Guided trips only
- All trips must be guided by a Boxwood authorized guide/outfitter. Please see our list of Authorized Outfitters.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Check with your outfitter.
Your outfitter/guide is committed to paying us even if you can’t make it.
- You must have a Colorado fishing license. You must obtain your license prior to arriving at the river.
More information regarding Colorado fishing regulations can be found through the Colorado Division of Wildlife. Licenses can now be ordered online through the DOW. You can also call them at 1-800-244-5613.
- Total Privacy
- Boxwood Section
If your group is 10 or more only your group will be fishing the property. If fewer than 10 anglers we may add anglers. They will have their own guide and share the property independent of your group.
- Long Meadow Section
At times you may see other anglers not in your group. It may be the owners, and or their invited guests. Please respect their space and their right to fish their property. Also, if your groups size is smaller than 10 we may add another group. They will have their own guide and fish independently of your group.
- No pets. Non-anglers are welcome but they are expected to pay the access fee which is $75.00.
- Catch and Release
- Barbless hooks are the only kind allowed at Boxwood Gulch and Long Meadow.
Remember this….there are cheaper lower quality places to fish and you could just go off on your own. If, on the other hand, you want to learn something new, you want to hook up with as many fish as you can and you want to land some really large, quality fish, then you should book the trip, and insist that you and your fishing friends be brought to Boxwood Gulch. If you come once you will be back, year after year, just like over 80% of our current customers.