All trips are guided.
We only allow a select group of outfitters/guides to do trips on our property. These outfitters will provide anything your group needs to make your trip to Boxwood Gulch a memorable experience.
Click here for a listing of our authorized outfitters. They all charge about the same amount for guiding, depending on what your group needs. Call them for an exact quote.
Be sure to ask/discuss the following:
- Start and end time of your trip
- What will be served for lunch. refreshments, snacks, etc. (dietary restrictions)
- What equipment, if any, your group needs.
- How many guides will be provided. (We suggest no more than 3 anglers per guide....2 anglers per guide is best.....some people may need their own guide.)
- Cancellation policy.
- How much to tip the guides.
- Cost per angler including everything, and if there are other costs, what are they?
- Checks....Cash....Credit Cards.
Remember this....there are cheaper less quality places to fish and you could just go off on your own. If, on the other hand, you want to learn something new, you want to hook up with as many fish as you can and you want to land some really large, quality fish, then you should book the trip, and insist that you and your fishing friends be brought to Boxwood Gulch. If you come once you will be back, year after year, just like over 80% of our current customers.
- Winter Rates (November 1 thru March 31 each year)
Some of our outfitters offer special reduced pricing for winter trips. Call
them for an exact quote. Winter fishing can be as productive as a good day
in the summer. Review some winter trip reports....click here (The
Clubhouse at Boxwood is warm and cozy. No clubhouse at Long Meadow
but there is a shelter.)
- Large group rates
Boxwood Gulch Groups:
We suggest groups larger than 12 anglers book both Boxwood and Long Meadow.
That way you will have 3 miles of water to fish. We can do much larger groups at
Boxwood but we think you may have a better time if you have more water. Talk to your outfitter about this.
Long Meadow Groups:
If you are booking just Long Meadow remember that group size is limited to
just 6 anglers. So if you have more than 6 please book Boxwood.
- Guided trips only
- All trips must be guided by a Boxwood authorized guide/outfitter. Please see our list of Authorized Outfitters.
- Cancellation Policy:
Check with your outfitter.
Your outfitter/guide is committed to paying us even if you canʼt make it.
- You must have a Colorado fishing license. You must obtain prior to arriving at the river.
More information regarding Colorado fishing regulations can be found through the Colorado Division of Wildlife. Licenses can now be ordered online through the DOW.
- Total Privacy
- Boxwood Section ·
If your group is 8 or more only your group will be fishing the property. If fewer
than 8 anglers we may add anglers. They will have their own guide and
share the property independent of your group.
- Long Meadow Section ·
You may see other anglers not in your group. (This does not happen a lot
but it does happen.)They are usually friends of the owners and they should
fish away from your group. There is 2 miles of river to fish just at Long
- Anglers Only
- No pets or children. Non-anglers are welcome but they are expected to pay the access fee.
- Catch and Release
- Barbless hooks are the only kind allowed at Boxwood Gulch and Long Meadow.